If you have #Netflix, you’ll be able to find all of these films on there. If not, treat yourself and have a night in with the family spotting for the resilient moves in each of these…
Resilience definition: Psychological resi
Movies of building resilience for young children
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius : When gooey green aliens kidnap all the adults in Retroville, it’s up to 11-year-old Jimmy Neutron to come up with a plan to rescue them.
- Mulan : Disney brings an ancient legend to life in this animated tale of a tomboy who disguises herself as a man so she can fight with the Chinese Army.
- Turbo : A speed-obsessed snail who dreams of being the world’s greatest race car driver gets his chance when an accident imbues him with high-octane speed.
- The Emperor’s New Groove : In this animated Disney adventure, a South American emperor experiences a reversal of fortune when his power-hungry adviser turns him into a llama.
- Angelina Ballerina: Pop Star Girls : Ballet is still the bomb, but Angelina decides that hip-hop is cool, too, when she joins forces with the Pop Star Girls to direct a hip-hop musical.
- Stellaluna : When a cute baby fruit bat is adopted by a mama bird after being separated from her mother, she struggles to fit in with her new feathered siblings.
Movies of building resilience for older children
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman : Resurrected from the 1960s animated series “Rocky and Bullwinkle,” canine genius Mr. Peabody and young Sherman take a dizzying ride through time.
- Princess Diaries 2 : As the newly crowned princess of the tiny European country of Genovia, teen Mia Thermopolis learns an arranged marriage may be in store for her.
- The Perfect Game : A seemingly impossible dream of playing baseball for the United States becomes reality for a group of impoverished youngsters from Mexico.
- ANTZ : In this animated hit, a neurotic worker ant in love with a rebellious princess rises to unlikely stardom when he switches places with a soldier.
- Avengers Assemble : After Iron Man persuades his fellow superheroes to reunite, the Avengers combine their skills to battle both longtime foes and deadly new villains.
- School of Rock : Musician Dewey Finn gets a job as a fourth-grade substitute teacher, where he secretly begins teaching his students the finer points of rock ‘n’ roll.
Movies of building resilience for teens and adults
- Silver Linings Playbook : After a stint in a mental hospital, Pat moves in with his parents and tries to win back his wife, until he meets a woman who’s as unstable as he is.
- Chef : When chef Carl Casper’s plans for opening a restaurant in Los Angeles fail to pan out, he returns home to Miami and debuts a food truck instead.
- Safe Haven : When a mysterious woman arrives in a small North Carolina town, she begins a new life but remains haunted by a terrifying secret.
- Catching Fire : After her triumph in the Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen travels through the districts on a “Victor’s Tour” while a rebellion gathers steam around her.
- Freaks and Geeks : A group of high school students in 1980 faces various social struggles. Lindsay rebels and hangs out with a crowd of burnouts for starters.
- Dirty Dancing : While spending summer with her family in the mountains, 17-year-old Frances falls in love with the resort’s free-spirited dance instructor.